Direct Sports Equipment, trading as Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store, is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. We want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
The aim of this information is to help you understand
• how and why Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store collect information from you;
• who we share your information with, why and on what basis and
• what your rights are.
Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store determines the purposes and way in which any personal data is processed. Should you need to contact us please write to: Data Protection Officer, Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store, PO Box 184, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 9AG, UK or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
This privacy notice was last updated on 11th May 2018.
What information we collect when you make a purchase
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. We will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
• full name
• contact number
• email address
In order to undertake website personalisation, we will also gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile), and this may include IP address. For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the list at the foot of this section.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
• Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your order.
• Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. taking payment for a confirmed order.
• Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
• Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information and there is a legitimate interest as a reason:
• You set up a Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store account – Process efficiency
• Notify you of your order status – Process efficiency • Provide customer services to you – Keeping our records up to date, handling our customer contact efficiently and effectively
• Undertake website personalisation and administration – Developing products, services, and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites. Defining types of customers for new products or services
• Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales. Provide you with online advertising – Developing products, services, and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites
• Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you – Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.
• Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research – Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites
• Maintaining network and data security – To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information
• Logistics planning, demand forecasting, management information and research – We use information about shopping habits, products bought and volumes, to help us to respond to demand, ensure the right products get to the right areas and to help us plan our ranges
Who we share your information with and why
Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses which allow us to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
• Delivery Partners In order for you to receive your goods, Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
• IT Companies Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store works with businesses that support our website and other business systems.
• Payment processing Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data. For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details at the foot of this information. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information. Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store will not share your information with any companies for their marketing purposes. If you decide you do not want to receive our marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com via My Account online or the unsubscribe link within any email we send you. You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 5 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘How we use your information’ above. The only exceptions to this are where:
• the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
• you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
• we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
• in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Sport Fox Arena Swimwear Store, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
• Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
• Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
• Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
• Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
• Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
• Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|